1) Using roughly 15 inches, start by wrapping the floss around both middle fingers, leaving about an inch or two to work with
2) Hold the floss between your index finger and thumb
3) Slowly slide the floss between your teeth
4) Gently curve the floss around the base of each tooth (make sure you go beneath the gum, if your floss can get there then so can the bacteria in your mouth!)
5) To remove the floss, slowly slide the floss back towards the middle of your mouth and move on to the next ones!
Ian, the Mosman dentist. Dentist Mosman.