Why regular Dental Check ups are so important
A regular dental check up is important because they help keep your teeth and gums healthy. You should have a dental visit at least every 6 months or as recommended by your dentist. Missing regular dental check ups can often lead to bigger dental problems and more expense. Seeing your dentist twice a year keeps your mouth healthy and easier to maintain.
At your dental check up your dentist will:
- Check your teeth for cavities
- May take xrays to detect cavities between your teeth
- Check your gums are healthy
- Do a Scale and clean
- Apply to topical fluoride treatment
- Advise you on any concerns etc you may have regarding your teeth.
Your dentist will place you on a 6 monthly recall system to make sure you never forget your dental check ups.